Saturday, September 02, 2006

September Already

Can't believe it's already September. Clark told me a couple of times earlier this week that this year has really "gone by fast." Interesting that he would notice this at barely 7 years old. I don't think I realized how quickly years can go by until I was 10 or so.

Steve, Luan and I have been testing our Brain Age the last couple of weeks. It's fun albeit somewhat frustrating. Personally, I'm not so good with the math calculations, which doesn't surprise me, because I recall being nearly last person in class who could complete 100 multiplications in whatever time period it was in 5th grade. I've done very well at the memory games and the color/word test, however. I started out at a brain age of 45 and today reduced it to 39. The target is a brain age of 20. We've completely hooked Luan, and now she's thinking about buying a DS just for the game.

I've also been interested in checking out Animal Crossing for the DS, after reading a thread about it on my knitting board (of all places). I'm such a geek. (Steve has started World of Warcraft, though, so he's a geek, too.) Only problem with starting something like this is that 1) it will cut into my knitting time, 2) it will result in my house being even more disorganized than it is. Not that I should encourage the kids to play video games,
but I think it might be fun to play with them. May have to consider asking for my own DS for my birthday, since my knitting stash is doing just fine right now. ;)

I still wasn't able to find the pattern match after rewinding the sock yarn into 2 balls. Yet it has made it considerably easier to start my next pair of socks. I'm hoping they won't look too silly being mismatched and all.


Comments:
I will have to agree with Mr. Clark. Time has just flown by. Christmas is around the corner, and so goes my plans of making all the gifts this year, ROFL.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?