Monday, September 04, 2006

Animal Crossing

I broke down and finally exchanged the Nintendogs game that Steve had purchased on a whim but never gave the kids. Yes, Nintendogs is supposed to be very addictive, but we have a real dog. Why would a digital one be more fun? (That was a rhetorical question. I've been struggling with the fact lately that I really think that I turned into a cat person at some point. Poor Lilo. She's a terrific dog, and the rest of the family loves her. I, on the other hand, still miss our dearly departed kitty, Hunter.)

Anyway . . . I got all excited to play with Shea on Clark's DS (yes, his aforementioned hinted at birthday present), but Animal Crossing happens to be a game in which two (2) (!@#$!) cards are required to play together unlike the other games we have which only require one. How completely frustrating! I don't really feel like shelling out another $35 just to play with the kids on this silly game. But who knows? I'm currently in obsessive/compulsive mode about the whole thing to begin with, and all for a silly game. I'm such a geek. Plus, the kids are already fighting over who gets to play. Bummer to have 2 DS's and only one game that we can't share! Maybe I can hunt down a used one . . . .

At least I was able to gain about 1/4 inch on my socks. Other than that I spent much of yesterday cleaning the house, buying groceries, doing laundry, etc. I seemed to have very little time to do much of anything "fun". Guess that's why I woke up at 6:00 AM today and couldn't seem to get back to sleep. Here's hoping my last day of my 3-day weekend is a little more productive in the fun sense.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?