Saturday, September 30, 2006

About Knitting Time

I finally picked up my knitting needles for the first time in a week last night. Still moving along on the socks. And Luan's Noni bag.

Just as I fortold, I've been far too engrossed in Animal Crossing to get much knitting done. Embarrassing to say that I ended up purchasing 3 copies of the game - one for each of the kids and me - because I got tired of the kids' fighting and having to share my house with them. Now each of the kids have an original DS, and I purchased a used DS Lite for Steve, although he teases me that it was really for me. I keep telling him that if it was for me, I would have purchased a new pink or black one. :rolling eyes: I am such a geek.

We finally had a birthday party for Shea last Sunday with her friends. It was an Ice Cream Social theme and all of the kids had fun putting on far too many toppings! Most of their creations looked like Clark's. Making his/her own personal concoction was more fun for most of the kids than actually eating it.

With all of the sweets from the ice cream we decided to forego the cake I had purchased for Shea, so we all had another private family celebration on Monday. Shea was finally able to blow out some candles.


In the end I guess Shea ended up having a two-week celebration instead of a single day. Still can't believe she's five!

Happily friends of ours whom we've known from far before we all had kids moved back into town, after two years. We're having them over for dinner tonight, as well. Going to introduce them to Steve's other geeky pursuit Settlers of Catan - Knights & Cities.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?