Monday, August 28, 2006

So Thankful

So very, very thankful. We've been so worried about Steve's father going in for Quadruple Bypass (which ended up being a Quintuple Bypass) that I'm very thankful to report that he's doing quite well, all things considered. Now we can only pray for a speedy recovery.

We love you, Grandpa/Dad! And we hope you're feeling better soon!

Of course, I'm thankful for my family. What would I do without them? I really should make it a point to tell them more often. In fact, I came up with a little "game" we play at night with the kids. We each have to tell each other a little "sweet thing" about why we love each other. Sometimes we don't always know what to say beyond, "I love you so much," but it really is the thought that counts.

I am not, however, very thankful about work. Having a job is good - yes. But being constantly stressed and interrogated about what you did six months ago is not a good thing. I could just scream. I'm hoping that things will start looking up. They can't truly get worse, can they? At least that's what I keep telling myself. Yes, I should be thankful for my job . . . .

I am very thankful for my knitting. So great at relieving stress. Just mindless enough to get me to relax but challenging enough to keep me from brooding.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?