Sunday, August 20, 2006

New LYS Find

Found a new LYS today with Luan - Colorful Yarns in Centennial. They have Cascade 220 on sale this month, and I had to check it out since I was in desparate need for some yarn therapy. What a fabulous shop! Such a terrific selection and some awesome prices, too. I had some doubts about Cascade 220, since it's 100% wool, which I can tend to find rather scratchy, but it is wonderfully soft. Maybe not soft enough for a sweater but more than adequate for the Noni bag I plan to knit for my sister (early birthday present). Great sis (and Auntie) that she is, she even purchased me an adorable Lantern Moon sheep tape measure, which I am just too cheap to purchase for myself. I got a white one and she got a natural colored one, although we both admired the black sheep. Shea came along with us and enjoyed modeling all of the silky scarves. Happily, I think that I may have converted Luan into a knitter, since she's working on her first knit scarf out of Fun Fur, and she purchased another lovely scarf kit from Colorful Yarns. :D

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?