Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th!

Love the 4th of July, if merely for the fireworks!! The kids always get excited to see fireworks. It will be a late night. Too bad I go back to work tomorrow.

Hoping to get some knitting done today, too. Making good progress on Ella even though the decreases look more like increases and I spent all evening reknitting what I thought was an error but wasn't. Oh, the craziness of knitting. I would post a photo, but it looks like a lumpy mess right now.

I am very pleased that I finally figured out how to complete a provisional cast using my Boye's circular needle cord for the "waste yarn" last night. This was an awesome tip posted by one of our Mystery Stole 2006 memb
ers. I can't wait to see how it works, when I start knitting on the "waste yarn" side. I looked for cast on directions at See Eunny Knit and KnittingHelp, but it was the article at knitty which really helped me understand how to do it. Put it this way, I didn't wrap the needle around the yarn. Instead I wrapped the yarn around the needles. Maybe not the most efficient, but I think it worked. In my mind this provisional cast on creates figure 8's around the needle and the waste yarn. Anyway, that's how I would describe it. We'll have to see if I did it correctly once we get the first set of instructions. Here's a photo of the cast on with one knit row. The bottom cord is the "waste yarn."



Have a Happy 4th of July!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?