Sunday, June 25, 2006

Visit from Auntie & Toby

My sister, "Auntie" to the kids, and her boyfriend visited this weekend. It was nice to take Friday off and spend some time with my sister. It's been over six months since she was last here.

Friday we took the kids out to lunch at Chili's - their request - and then spent some time shopping for flip flops and other summer stuff at Old Navy - my request. The kids got a little tired of our shopping habits of looking at everything for the best deals. We finally had to cave and take the kids back home for a low key afternoon. We had pizza for dinner after a short trip to the school playground.

Saturday we went ot Clark's game against the Marlins. Luan and Toby loved watching Clark and seeing how cute he looked in his uniform.

Steve spent most of the afternoon getting packed for the Cub Scout Magness Camp. Meanwhile, Luan and I ran some errands at Target, Clark played XBox with Toby, and Shea just played. (Guess she fell asleep in a pile of pillows behind Toby's chair, and they lost her for a while.)

Saturday evening we went to the Rockies game with dinner at Flying Dog, as usual. The game had a 35 minute rain delay. And did it ever ran. We ran for cover in the upper tier above the Mile High seats.


Sunday was spent with breakfast at Cafe Opa, and then Steve and Clark headed to Magness Camp. Shea attended a birthday party this afternon, while I took Luan and Toby to the airport. She gave them a quick good-bye, but after the party, she really missed them.

In knitting news, I finshed my swatch for Mystery Stole 2006. This was the swatch I liked best on US Size 4 needles:


I can tell that I need to practice lace style casting on and off. Plus, I'm a little concerned that the color is too pastel, as pastel is not recommended for this stole, but since this is the color Zephyr I ordered before I knew about the Mystery Stole KAL, I'm going to go ahead and use it.

Comments:
I think the color is great :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?