Sunday, June 11, 2006

Red Rocks, BHTM & True Blue Ella

Last night's date night at Red Rocks was THE BEST! It's the third time we've seen Big Head Todd & the Monsters (well, fourth actually, if I count the fact that we completely missed them due to severe traffic when they opened up for Dave Matthews at Mile High in 1999) and the second time we've seen them at Red Rocks. It definitely won't be the last! We'll have to make it a yearly tradition. ;) Their music is nice on the radio, but seeing them live really showcases their true talent. Steve agrees that they truly play some of very best live shows he's seen, and he's seen many a concert. I, on the other hand, completely think they ROCK and that nobody could compete, but I won't divulge my concert-going past, as it's not exactly the stuff of rock legends. Todd Park Mohr is a guitar-playing, song-writing god, and it doesn't hurt that he's tall, dark & handsome. ;)

Of course, there isn't a better venue than Red Rocks, and last night's weather was perfect, especially since we didn't get a freak rainstorm, which are common to the stadium. Wish I would have brought my camera, but I didn't think it would be allowed inside. I saw quite a few cameras which made it past security, however.


I'm hoping to cast-on today for Ella. I'm using my handpaintedyarn.com Lace Wool in Emaral Blue and Buscando Azul.


I was inspired by Liz's Athena Dreams blog and her Ella made of KnitPicks' Shimmer. After e-mailing her she advised she used US size 8 needles. Here's my swatch.






Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?