Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all of the dads out there!

Steve's gift from us/me was a bottle of Scotch. ;)


The great father and husband that he is, he agreed to make a road trip to Estes Park for the Wool Market. I thought it might be fun for the kids. That was until about 10 minutes into the trip and Clark and Shea started arguing in the back seat for the best spots to put their pillows. Then we took a wrong turn due to crazy highway numbers and went on a 45 minute detour. Eventually we made it to Oskar Blues Cajun Grill & Brewery in Lyons, CO. The food was awesome and the beer was great, too!

After lunch we headed to Estes Park, only about a 30 minute drive from Lyons, to the Wool Market. The kids
loved petting all of the animals. Steve didn't even realize how many different animals provide wool to make yarn. We all liked the alpacas and llamas. I thought the bunnies were the softest, although Steve and Clark voted for the alpacas. I failed to purchase anything, although I did get to see Brooks Farm Yarn in person, and it was as beautiful as I thought it would be, yet just as expensive. Since I'm rather stocked on my stash with many projects lined up, I convinced myself not to spend another $50 or so on yarn.


We browsed for a couple of hours at the Wool Market and then decided to head to Estes Park for ice cream. We were very surprised at the number of tourists, but we lucked out on parking and found a nice ice cream parlor for the kids and a coffee shop for Steve and me. We left in enough time to get home at a decent hour. Unfortunately, Clark ended up getting car sick on the way back. Poor guy! The winding road between Estes Park and Lyons was just too much after having ice cream. It was sadly ironic that Clark got sick on both Mother's Day and Father's Day.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?