Saturday, June 10, 2006

Calla is Finished!!

Woo Hoo! I finshed it this morning. I should probably block it, but I wanted to wear it today.


Pattern: MagKnits Calla by Sauniell N. Connally, Size S
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Wool/Cotton
Needle Size: US Size 3
Started: 4/27/06
Completed:
6/10/06
Special Notes: It is a beautiful pattern, and I really loved the challenge of knitting it. Other than my frustrations near the end of knitting the top of the tank, it was never boring and fun to knit.
I altered the pattern by knitting it in the round. I got a little confused with the decreases at what would have been the ends of each panel, so it looks a little odd on the sides at times. Plus, the straps look a little wonky where I stitched them together since they all got a little uneven at the ends.
One thing I will have to say is that I either need to learn how to knit cables without a cable needle or I need to invent a needle that can't be lost. I was continually dropping it in between the seat cushions of the couch.

We saw Cars this morning. What a terrific show! I just love PIXAR.

Tonight we get an entire date night - going to a concert at Red Rocks. Since we'll be home so late, the kids will be staying at a friend's house, and we'll spend the night at a hotel.

Comments:
Wow, that rocks!!
 
Sharon,
The DB yarn was a little splitty, but overall it wasn't too bad. :)

Thanks, Rose!! :)
 
That looks AWESOME!!!!!!! You do look much hotter in it than in Magknits, lol. Congrats on FINALLY finishing it! LOL
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?