Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sunday etc.

OK, so my scrapbooking party was a bust. It was really not a good weekend to host one based on everyone who said they couldn't come. Unfortunately, it was the best weekend for my schedule, and I probably won't have time to host another one until late mid-July. I won't go into all my woes with hosting parties to begin with, but suffice to say my timing s*cks. However, on a positive note the house looks so much better, I'm making headway on organizing my scrapbooking area (although right now it looks worse than it did before ), and I got some knitting done instead, which I probably would have done instead of scrapbook anyway! :)

I'm bummed I had to miss this month's SnB though. Spent time cleaning the house instead. I have yet to make it to one because I always remember them at the last minute.

Here's a progress pic of Calla. I'm really trying to get this done quickly because I'm dying to start on Ella and join the Amazing Lace. Plus, with all of Erin's photos of her Kool-Aid dyeing success I'm afraid I'm going to be sucked into trying that, too. Resistance is futile . . .



Another recent obsession - wanting a new camera. I'm rationalizing it by saying that I don't know how I'm going to get great photos of Clark playing T-ball. So I've been checking out dpreview again. (I think it's the best site for comparing digital cameras.) Guess I should start working on getting a raise first though.

I've spent most of the day loading eBay auctions - nearly all of my collection of scrapbooking magazines and idea books. This is, of course, due to my attempts at getting organized. I've uploaded 14 different auctions, so I'd say it's a really great start. Check them out, if you are so inclined.

It's been a hot, summer-like day here, too. And it's been full of summer-like activities. Not only did the kids help Steve bathe Lilo, but they also got to have late afternoon ice creams from our local ice cream truck (well, it's more of
a van really and not very cool or fun looking at that). Clark chose a Darth Vader fruit punch, berry confection with gumball eyes, and Shea chose a cotton candy flavored popsicle. YUM!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?