Friday, May 19, 2006

Getting Organized

Or trying to anyway. I've had it. I fully admit that I have never been very organized, although I frequently dream of a perfectly organized desk and house.
So lately I have been watching a lot of organizing shows for inspiration, which helps keep me going for about 15 minutes. My biggest problem is clutter. It's not as bad as what you see on the shows, but I do have my problem areas - namely my scrapbooking area and the kids' rooms.

I'm working on letting go of much of my scrapbooking stuff. It all needs to fit back into my armoire/desk. I plan to ebay quite a bit and probably Freecycle the rest. (What an awesome tool Freecyle is! I learned about it awhile back from Erin.)

For the kids' rooms I need to work with them to find an organizing system that works.

Unfortunately, I think that's my biggest problem. What works for me? What works best for them? Organizing products are spendy, and to put it nicely I'm on the frugal side. And then whenever I buy an organizing product it doesn't always work out as nicely. I guess I should plan and measure each type of thing. And here's the big point: When the types of things no longer fit the size of the container, then a decision and purge must be made. The ironic thing about my issues with organizing ultimately come down to I'm too anal and perfectionistic (not a word but go along with me) to generate a plan (because they will never be perfect), so that makes me a slob which also goes against my anal and perfectionistic nature.

Suffice to say I'm pulling my hair out. But I will keep working on organizing.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?