Thursday, March 09, 2006

New Glasses & a Finished Object

Here he is! Clark has been impatiently awating the arrival of this glasses. He admits they take a lot to get used to and feel kind-of weird. Yet he still loves that he gets to wear glasses for reading. And he sure looks cute! :)


Shhh . . . this is the reason I haven't blogged lately. I was furiously knitting away to finish my first attempt at lace - a scarf for my sister. Thing is, she's leaving for Asia for three weeks on Monday, and I wanted to send her off with something new. I hope she likes it!


It was knit with Handpaintedyarn.com's Novelty Buotone Pure Wool - Treintaytres. I used Blue Sky Alpaca's Opera Scarf by Deb Peterson. It was probably not the best yarn choice for my first lace project. The little "buttons" woven onto the yarn made it difficult to keep an even tension. Needless to say, it took me twice as long to complete the project because I frogged at least one row for every row I knitted. As everyone who has ever knitted lace recommends, lifelines are invaluable!

Now I'm off to finish Tubey!




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?