Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Don't forget to wear green today. I've always loved St. Patty's day - guess it must be the Irish in me. ;)

Still no photos to show progress of Shea's leg warmers. This is the perfect example why I should swatch before starting a project. Of course, this is a simple design that I'm making up as a go along, but the Plymouth Dreambaby yarn is not cooperating. It's the first time I've used an acrylic microfiber. Right now I'm none to pleased with it. Yes, it is extra soft, which was why I purchased it in first place, but I'm a fairly tight knitter yet I was getting gaping holes in stockinette with the suggested needle size. Then I went down 2 needle sizes only to find that it's still not the right size and I should have made more decreases from my picot edge. On the next try my Boye's decided to start coming apart on me, and a huge tangle developed. To my extreme frustration I had to frog again.

I doubt I'll get a chance to start over tonight, since I have Bunco. But I'll try it one more time. We'll see if it goes well. If not, I may move on to a project for Clark, although I haven't quite decided what to knit yet.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?